The Student Services Office is committed to ensuring academic support programming, equality of access to legal education and extensive career services and professional development support for students of the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section.
Our mission is to:
- Increase the participation of students who identify with historically disadvantaged groups by actively implementing policies aimed at enhancing their presence in the law school and ensuring a supportive and welcoming law school environment.
- Provide an academic support system to assist all students to adapt to law studies and to help meet academic expectations.
- Facilitate and prepare students to attain a range of career objectives by equipping them with the necessary tools, information, skills, guidance and support.
- Liaise with employers and promote the qualifications of Common Law students in a variety of ways, including organized career fairs, on campus interviews, recruitment activities and assisting employers with their recruitment needs.
- Facilitate the professional development of students by helping them connect with the legal community through the Legal Links and Bridges Mentoring Program and Pro Bono Students Canada.
All students are responsible for becoming familiar with and adhering to the Student Services Professionalism Policy.